12-27-2012 06:48 PM
After I upgraded to Windows 8 I have been unable to adjust my brightness. It is stuck at 100%. I can toggle the brightness option and a widget will show, but the actual brightness doesn't change (doesn't matter where I try to adjust). I'm pretty sure its an issue with the driver. Have been waiting more than a few months for HP to release an updated driver, but one doesn't seem to be coming.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Any fix suggestions?
12-28-2012 12:35 AM
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
12-28-2012 09:13 AM
I went through the color management settings, toy'ed with the gamma settings, ran a calibration. I can adjust the color settings, but the brightness remains locked in place.
01-11-2013 10:29 PM
This is the same issue as here:
I've contacted HP support about this via chat, and it ended with them telling me to send in my computer or restore it or do a clean install. Being that its a driver issue, I don't think that will solve the problem....its also exausting.
HP: When will you be updating the driver for the HP Envy 3040NR?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)