03-20-2017 07:30 PM
So I got this computer over winter and about a month after I got it there seemed to be a problem with the touch screen. I didn't think anything of it (maybe sotware error) untill i found a crack running from the right hinge and arcing back down to the bottom of the display. I have no reason on my part for the crack to appear. Could it be from screen stress or something? I also want to state that I have been really carefull with it (It is new). What should I do?
03-21-2017 04:47 PM
Hello, @Luke_Potter – Hope you are well
Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I would like to help you with the HP Envy notebook issue!
Going through your post, it definitely is a hardware issue with the printer. I would suggest you contact the HP phone support to get it serviced / repaired.
You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)