Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (77 Views)

HP Envy

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP ENVY Notebook 17t-u000 CTO
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recent purchased an HP ENVY Notebook 17t-u000 CTO (2017 model)

I have had 2 previous laptops in the 17t series before this one. All of them has BluRay drives.

So I purchased the 2017 model assumign it would too, but it appears it is only a DVD drive.

I am sure that in the previous models, the Device Manager in Windows showed the drive had a "BD" in its name.

Now it just says DVD.

I am just wnating to confirm if it or not.

HP ENVY Notebook 17t-u000 CTO

Model #:Y0F94AV

Serial #Smiley Sadremoved content)

This is my laptop details. Please confirm if it was suppose to be BluRay, because I purchased item from an Authorized Reseller, who made changes to this laptop orginal hardware specs. For example, HP had the laptoplisted as 256GB SSD and 16GB of DDR4 RAM, but the seller put in a 512GB SSD and 32GB of RAM for just a little more.

Also if this doesnt have a BluRay Drive, then where can I get one for this model? Thanks

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: HP Envy

Hi @TechieXP,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you, I see from the post that you would like to know what parts are originally shipped with the computer. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

I did check the product specifications and found that it's the regular DVD drive shipped with the computer. If you wish to upgrade or replace it you could visit our HP Shopping.

Yes, you are correct, there is 512GB of SSD and 16GB of RAM installed on your PC. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation