02-26-2011 02:56 PM
When I connect my HP g61-511WM (Windows 7 - AMD M880G ATI Radion HD4200) to an HDMI cable connected to my Digital TV my screen goes blank and my TV says "not support" (TV is a Memorex HDTV). I know my cable and TV works because I have connected my HP Pavilion dv4 to it and everything is fine. I try the windows key with "p" as well as fn - f4 to try and control the display selection - no good, both my laptop display is off as well as the TV display (says: not support (gotta love the english grammar))
I went to the hp drivers site and downloaded the latest drivers - still no joy.
I went to the AMD/ATI web site and downloaded their latest driver set (a version later than the hp provided one) - still no good.
I did a driver roll back to the previous version (prior to the latest hp download) still no good.
I went through all the troubleshooting tips that I could find, including downloading a version of SIW to see the actual hardware version I have in the laptop and make sure the drivers were correct for the hardware I have... still no joy.
Any other thoughts would be helpful!
i might mention that the laptop is a "refurbished" unit, this might suggest a hardware problem....
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)