Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

just got the laptop, it cam with freedos without drivers, i installed windows 7 64bit and downloaded latest catalyst driver from ati site and it installed i restarted but nothing happen the driver is not getting recognized i cant open CCC either. i also tried from some hp ati driver also same thing tho. stuck with this 1024x768 untill someone can help me out please. also it says Standard VGA adapter i tried clicking update driver but it says its updated.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

Try>> ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50231.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Have the same drivers issues on G62-b72SR with Win7 32bits. I installed the ps50231 but the OS still using default VGA driver with max relosution 1024*768 and did not recongnize Ati Radeon video card. Is there a solution to make it work properly? Thanks

Kiryl

Socially yours,
HP Recommended

Please, tell me how you did manage your problem. I have the same problem, but HP drivers don't help.

Thanx!

Socially yours,
HP Recommended

Попробуй эти дрова http://radeon.ru/drivers/amd/mobility/ Catalyst 10.11

У меня вроде установилась видео-карта на Windows 7 32 bit

HP Recommended

Спасибо! Драйвер установился как положено - все работает!

For those who meet such problems, use the link provided by Gonzales999 (or any other you can find in your language) to download the full version of Catalyst as drivers at the official HP page are uncomplete  (CCC is missing)!

Socially yours,
HP Recommended

Im having the same problem, i bought hp g62-b51se with SUSE operating system, I installed Windows 7 enterprise.. I downloaded the Graphic Card driver ( ati hd 5470) from HP site, installed the driver, but when I restart the windows, it still shows that STANDARD VGA ADAPTER,

I tried to forcefully install the ati driver , it did get installed and showed ATI in DEVICE MANAGER, but when i play any movie (dvdrip) the result is bad.. unclear video..

Kindly help me..

HP Recommended

Hello,

As I've mentioned in my previous post on HP site you have only ATI drivers, but not Catalyst itself which is indispensable to make ATI driver work. To download the full version of ATI Catalyst 10.12. plz try the following link (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://radeon.ru/drivers/amd/mobility/) and select the appropriate version of your OS Windows 7.

I believe it will work!

Plz let me know whether it helped you out or not.

Socially yours,
HP Recommended

hi

anyone fixed this problem or not yet

the common problem not all users use linux most of them use microsoft why we cannot find the correct drivers for microsoft  OS ?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Whether all my previous posts are invisible or the suggested solution didn't help...

I fixed this problem by downloading the full version of Ati Catalyst drivers (official ones), but form from the third party site that I've mentioned before. Check it out and let me know of the result.

Kiryl 

Socially yours,
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.