11-21-2011 06:22 AM
I run on my HP 635 (AMD E-350 processor with AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics) Microsoft XP Professional as OS. After XP installation I downloaded all recent drivers from the HP homepage. Afterwards I updated the AMD drivers via AMD homepage. The BIOS version on my notebook is F.24.
Now happens the usual: When my notebooks runs on battery, the screen gets darker .... It helps to save energy power but complicates working. Usually you could simply raise brightness by using Fn+F3. In HP-BIOS Setup I disabled the "Action Keys Mode" under "System Configuration" (enabling it doesn't solve the problem).
However, I cannot modify brightness under Windows XP. If I run e.g. GParted from an USB Stick, I can use Fn+F3 in order to adjust brightness. Also, when using XP, it gets bright again when I run the notebook with external power supply. So, I guess, it is not a hardware problem.
Besides, Fn hotkeys work as I can use them with my audio device.
Finally, under "energy options" in Windows XP settings I cannot modify the screen brightness.
That's it ... I don't know anything more I could do. Therefore I would like to ask you whether you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)