Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi all

Good day, Kindly help me with may built-in HP camera not working, its working in windows 8 before  after upgraded to Windows 10 64bit,  the camera not detected ,  i download the HP assistant cannot detect, where i can find the driver?

HP Pavilion 17-e153sa Notebook PC

Thanks and best regards,

TNavigator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @TNavigator,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the webcam after upgrading to windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

Please look at this document for Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @TNavigator,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the webcam after upgrading to windows 10. I will be glad to help you.

Please look at this document for Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi there if you ever find the solution to this can you let me know, i use YouCam cyberlink etc and Pavilion G6 laptop, windows 10, and camera just wont work, i dont think anyone has the answer, seems to be a lot of bull that doesnt work, i havent found anything yet to make it work,,,,prob hae to buy a new webcam in the end....one one the lid is useless now, installed all ew drivers all up to day, device manager says all working rproperly but it isnt..answers on a postcard to that one...from Fred in Essex.

HP Recommended

Hi @g4vvq,

If you have tried all the step from My post, You can contact Microsoft for help with the Windows 10 drivers or you can go back to old OS and the webcam will work.

Please keep me inform if the web cam is not working in the old OS.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi there, well i went into troubleshooting and ran it in windows 7 and it still didnt work, i have reinstalled drivers several times, the camera comes up but screen is blue with youcam across it...picture if me...what i did do is plug in an external ligicam webcam and it installed and no when i open YouCam a picture of me comes on there, if i unplug the logitec usb connector it goes off, so the logitec seems to have taken over the YouCam feature...strange...i spent £20 on Cyberlink to update camera etc, it still doesnt work....i installed new youcam 7 version and its still te same.....so i have 2 versions on computer and they both behave the same....thanks from Fred.

HP Recommended

Hi Again i have tried disabling it, well i disable both versions and just concentrated on one, they are not clashing i dont thik, it was same before i istalled 7, now the serial number of both versions...i guess there 1 and 7 ver.

1   SR Number YUC 120820-01

2   SR Number YUC 150721-01    2015

When i run it disabled it just says same thing camera not found, no option to eneable or install it....cheers from Fred in Essex UK.

HP Recommended

Screenshot (127).png

HP Recommended

I Put an image of what i see when i open it, if it means anything if i play a previous image it plays ok and still pictures work on in it, just no incoming video from the inbuilt camera, maybe the camera is faulty, is there away to test it without the software...i disabled it and re enabled it, and it said there is a new verion on here do you wan to use it, i clicked yes and the same result no incoming video.........Fred

HP Recommended

Hi @g4vvq,

Try uninstall both cameras.

Turn the computer off.

Disconnect the USB camera.

Turn the computer on. if the camera is working Windows with reinstall the drivers.

Test with the software.

Please get back to me, so I can continue to help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi No sorry still doesnt work....i think the camera on the laptop must be faulty......Fred

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.