03-22-2013 11:53 AM
So, my laptop won't start up.
and it's not under warranty, so I can't chat with Customer Support.
When I turn the laptop on, it sounds like the fan starts and the power buttons all light up, but the screen stays black, and it doesn't make any noise. I noticed that the caps lock and the num lock both flash four times sequentially in unison, and will keep doing that until I turn it off. The laptop doesn't attempt to restart, so it doesn't even realize that there's something wrong with the boot-up.
I recently bought a new external battery for the thing, and it was working perfectly and consistently, so I'm not sure that there's a problem with that.
03-25-2013 10:04 AM
You were having a problem with the computer not booting.
The blinking caps that you were getting, is a code to tell you an error that the computer is having.
Here is a link to a blink code list that will tell the error.
Compare your blink code to the list and post your results.
Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!
Let me know how everything goes.
Have a good day.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)