05-19-2009 08:32 AM
Hi I have a HP pavilion dv5000 and the screen is black. I can kind off see a shadow in the backgroung but at the bottom off the screen i can see a black line.
i bought the computer about 3 yrs ago and I don't have the warranty any more. What can I do.... and if you can help me find a part.. thamks
05-19-2009 09:56 AM
Ok this is a possible hardware issue, so do the following:
Do a hardware reset. Disconect AC adapter and remover battery.Then press power button for 10 seconds. Plug AC adapter and battery and test.
If the problema persist test a external monitor, maybe is just a problem in your screen.
05-19-2009 11:12 AM
thank you for emailing me back but i tried everything you suggested and nothing work still the same. i did connected it to an external monitor but it only show when it was booting up and them the monitor went blank. do you have any more suggestions?
05-19-2009 11:42 AM
Sorry but your screen is damaged. I suggest take it to a service center. It will be necessary change the screen.
Contact HP to receive information about a service center in your location.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)