08-11-2010 12:11 AM
I had my HP dv5000 for almost 4 years. The operation system still works pretty good, however in the Past year I started having some issues with the screen. From time to time the screen display would freeze. As time went on this thing start getting more often and worse. To repair it I would touch my screen in some points at the corner and it would work again.
Yesterday the screen officially stopped displaying. It is either blank or shows stripes.
I hooked up the laptop to an external monitor and it worked just fine I the external screen displayed everything well.
My question: If I order an LCD (for this model) to replace it with the one I have now, would the display be good again (assuming that it worked well on external monitor)? or there is no guarantee?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)