02-19-2013 09:01 PM - edited 02-19-2013 09:02 PM
So I have the HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx and the webcam hasn't been working for sometime now. I've read other forums on going into the device manager and locating the 'images devices.' Well I don't even have this listed as one of my options in my manager. The list goes from Intel... to Keyboard and so on. I did read some where that if this doesn't show up then its a hardware issue and to contact HP. Is there any way that I can avoid this step as I don't live any where I can just drop it off! I was wondering if there is any way that I can download a new driver for this???? Please help me if you can I'm starting to get annoyed with this computer.
03-25-2013 10:34 AM - last edited on 02-23-2017 04:26 PM by OscarFuentes
I see that you are having problems with your webcam on your HP laptop.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help with the webcam not being listed in the device manager.
If the steps don't help you can try and reload the drivers by deleting the YouCam software from programs and features and reloading it from this link, it is under "Software-Multimedia".
Let me know what happens.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)