05-17-2009 10:20 AM
My HP Pavilion is not showing the video anymore...I connected the VGA output of my laptop to external monitor and I see windows OS..Also, my S-video cable can output the signal to external TV.
My laptop just got out of warranty...What would be my options to fix this monitor?
Thanks in advance for any help.
05-17-2009 01:11 PM
05-18-2009 08:54 AM
Or a new motherboard/GPU. It's a pavillion, that puts chances very high for this problem :/
05-18-2009 04:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. The model number of HP computer is
HP Pavilion dv9617nr Notebook PC
I would appreciate help on finding the right monitor and replacing it.
05-18-2009 06:47 PM - edited 05-18-2009 06:50 PM
Some sample eBay auctions:
This may be helpful
Pages 50 and 51 and then starting at Page 70 shows how to get to the display assembly. Remove the screen and look at it before you buy a new one to be sure you are getting the same thing.
02-24-2011 04:43 PM
I am having the same problem with my Pavilion dv4-1145go laptop. It has panned in the past, and by killing all power, removing batteries, rebooting. multiple steps, I ahve been able to get it to coem back on again. However, have not been able to get the display to work. External monitor displays fine. Ay chance you can help me fidn the correct links for my model? Thanks
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)