Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have just upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.0 to Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional Edition (build 9600), 64-bit. However when I look in the device manager it says the following error next to the graphics device, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I can still continue to use my laptop, however cannot use the monitor and HDMI ports. I have tried the latest and beta drivers from the Intel site and I have also used the driver given on the HP support site for this laptop, but still no joy.

The current graphics driver version I have installed is 10.18.14.4332.

If I use the basic Microsoft driver the device just reboots after a random amount of 2-3 minutes.

Any suggestions? Could it be a driver conflict or hardware incompatibility?

Are there any logs I can provide or run any diagnostic utilities?

I also get this from the memory dumps

On Mon 11/04/2016 22:18:20 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041116-8187-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: igdkmd64.sys (igdkmd64+0x1BCCC5)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801F9E13CC5, 0xFFFFD0002465DA48, 0xFFFFD0002465D250)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys
product: Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R)
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Thanks in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.