Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
i did upgrade all of those
will try to look at the assembly, but would think that is manufacturing failure if that would be the case
HP Recommended

I went through the remediation process with HP. After extensive (remote) troubleshooting, it was determined that the laptop screen needed to be replaced. I had been advised that the drivers would be replaced as well, but I doubt that had remedial effect as that was done remotely already. Root cause was not determined and asusmptions were made by HP support, but there was nothing else they could do remotely.

In the process, the OS was set back (to W8.1) and the screen performed ok. I then upgraded to W10 (Home edition, to be upgraded to Pro) and the screen has to date performed well.

The conclusion in this case is therefore that this as a screen / hardware issue. My laptop has now been fixed and I am relatively happy with the process that was followed. The result negated the hassle of having to re-install the windows with W10 and software + data.

HP Recommended
I am awaiting response from HP. Am open for resolution.
HP Recommended

Dear HP, I am definately not comfortable in opening up a laptop, also as it would violate any warranty if i would do it myself.

I expect HP to resolve the issue. So far without succes.

What to do next.

HP Recommended

Hello @Fred_73,

Thank you for the quick reply!

In that case, you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an exact same issue with my screen as described above. I believe it has been established that it's an issue with screen asembly or hardware itself. My laptop is out of warranty and seeing that it a common problem acrros spectre machines I would expect HP to take responsibility and fix it regarless whether the waranty has expired or not.  Please let me know who I need to contact to take this further and get my laptop fixed?

If that not possible please update the link to the guide you have posted previously and I will try to sort it myself.

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

Hello, Here the exact same issue. Ik agree with Kaspar12.

It's a common problem apparently wicht HPhas to regardless if warranty period is over. 

HP spectre display

What do I have to do HP?

greetings,Wim 

HP Recommended

Hi Rob,

Having the same problem

DoI understand wellthat your computer has'nt been repaired but you downgraded yourself tot W8.1 and then again upgraded to W10? And now the computer is doing well?

greetings Wim

Netherlands

HP Recommended

Finally HP allowe dthe Laptop to be brought in for repairs, where they changed the display, after that no more problems.

very good service and follow up with the handling.

HP Recommended

HP allowed the device to brought in at no charge and replaced disply, great service and follow up, afterwards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.