07-04-2012 04:18 AM
I use a HP Pavilion dv6 - LK968EA Notebook PC with Windows 7 64-bit operating system.
The Youcam 3.5 shows a BLACK screen. It worked perfectly when I first got the laptop last year, but all of a sudden, it just got dark. It shows a very faint dark silhouette when I am in the sun, and It does NOT show any image when I am under a halogen lamp or in a room flooded with 4 double fluorescent lamps.
I have not touched the settings. But when I compared the settings with that of a friend’s, I saw that the exposure setting on his HP TrueVision HD/Youcam 3.5 was -2, while mine was -9.
I moved it to -2, and nothing changed. So I clicked “apply” and “ok” and still NOTHING CHANGED.
Someone said I should move the exposure slide to -2, tick “low light compensation” and tick “auto” next to the exposure slide, then just click only “ok”. I did ALL that and nothing happened. I repeated these steps and clicked “apply” and still NOTHING CHANGED.
I ticked “auto-lighting” and still nothing happened.
THE EXPOSURE SLIDE DOES NOT REMAIN AT -5 OR -2. IT KEEPS REVERTING BACK TO -9, EVEN THOUGH I ADJUST IT AND CLICK "APPLY" AND/OR "OK". AS SUCH THE IMAGE QUALITY IS STILL BLACK. Clicking "Auto-lighting" does NOT change anything.
THAT IS THE PROBLEM.
KINDLY PROVIDE ASSISTANCE ALONG THAT LINE
07-04-2012 04:21 AM
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)