08-24-2010 03:07 AM
I am seriously sick and tired of trying. My webcam has been broken for a while now and I tried everything in my little knowledge of anything computerish to fix it, but it's just not working.
I tried installing drivers, but they say they cannot install because HP Webcam cannot be found. I don't know what else to do! My mic is working just fine, my cam just isn't. It's like my notebook thinks it doesn't have a webcam at all!
I have a HP Compac 6735s with Vista Home Premium.
I hope any of you can help, cause I'm getting desperate.
10-07-2010 03:38 PM
This is a common problem. I'm tryig to figure this out, but it seems like an issue with Windows Vista updates.
After speaking to an hp support person over the phone, she suggests to reset your computer to factory settings. I would do this as last resort. It is stupid that we need to be in this boat in the first place. It seems like a common problem with HP laptops
10-07-2010 08:10 PM
I have the same problem too, my laptop hard disk is damaged, so can't use the image to restore my vista, I asked my friend for the installation disc of vista, after installed all the updates and drivers, I didn't found any webcam in device manager, seems my laptop with no this hardware. (Before is working fine).
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)