Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)

HP Z24nq chain display problem.

Product Name: HP Elitebook 8540w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello from Italy,

I bought 2x HP Z24nq displays and connected one of them to my HP Docking Station (DisplayPort). As those monitors are projected to be used in chain until 4 units, i connected a DisplayPort cable to the OUT port of the main monitor to the IN port of the other one. The notebook has an NVIDIA QUADRO FX880M. The problem is that Windows 7 x64 doesn't recognize the second monitor and clones the main desktop to the 2nd monitor, in the right resolution QHD at 2560*1440.  But doesn't extend like i want, it only clones.

I tried to connect separately the two monitors one to the DP Port of the docking station, and the other one to the DVI-D port of the same docking and it works: Windows recognize 2 monitors and allowed me to extend the desktop correctly. The problem is that the DVI-D port supports only resolution up to 1920*1200 Smiley Sad

Why the chain via DisplayPort (setted on 1.2 on both monitors) doesn't work?

Thanks!

Gabriele

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (17 Views)

Re: HP Z24nq chain display problem.

I am going to buy a new HP ZBook 15u G4 with HP UltraSlim Docking made for it. I always have the 2x HP Z24nq monitors which i would like to use in 2560x1440 by extending desktop on both. This equipment allows me to do that? The HP UltraSlim dock has 2x 1.2 DisplayPort. I will have to connect them separately with 2 cables for each monitor or do i have to use the Daisychain feature connecting the 1st monitor to the dock and the 2nd one to the 1st? The max 2560x1440 resolution will be supported on both by extending the desktop? Please answer me it is very important for me. Many thanks!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation