02-07-2010 03:10 PM
I have a HP dv9925nr laptop PC. I bought it in August of 2008 at a Best Buy. I have had no problems with it untill now. When I open it up and start it, the screen is fuzzy. If I tilt the screen down to around 30 degrees it clears up. As the the PC warms up I can move the screen to a better viewing position. Right now it is at about 80 degrees....much better the 30 degrees. I have not yet hooked it up to another monitor but will soon it see if I get a clear picture on the external monitor. I'm sure I will.
Does anyone have any ideas for me of what I need to do to fix this problem? Do I need to replace something or am I just SOL?
Thanks for any advice.
02-14-2010 11:50 AM
The external monitor is kind of a key diagnostic. I will assume it shows OK to an external monitor. If you can make the screen clear up by moving it, possibly it is nothing more than a loose video cable. Very fixable. Worst case it is a bad screen and even a new screen is not a huge issue...prices are down to under $150 for a replacement screen. Post back with any more questions after you have tried the external monitor test.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)