06-27-2013 07:45 AM
06-27-2013 07:57 AM
Get a flashlight.
Start your notebook and darken the room. Shine the flashlight on the notebook.
Can you see a very dim Windows login screen?
If you can then, that mean that the LCD screen backlight has failed and must be replaced.
If you do not see a dim Windows login screen, then the screen has failed and must be replaced with a new one.
Is your notebook still within its warranty coverage period? Warranty status check web page
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)