06-27-2013 07:45 AM
06-27-2013 07:57 AM
Get a flashlight.
Start your notebook and darken the room. Shine the flashlight on the notebook.
Can you see a very dim Windows login screen?
If you can then, that mean that the LCD screen backlight has failed and must be replaced.
If you do not see a dim Windows login screen, then the screen has failed and must be replaced with a new one.
Is your notebook still within its warranty coverage period? Warranty status check web page
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)