Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, i just bought a HP mini 110 2 days ago but  its already giving me trouble... The problem is that when i turn it on, the screen remains black, not even the Bios load, then, i turn it off and on again, only then it start... so what could be the problem the ram? actually i dont wanna mess with it cause i can get a replacement but what do you think is the problem with my computer? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Related problem--My mini has worked perfectly for almost 2 years but recently I think the battery ran down (was disconnected from the charger for a long time but I reconnected without checking) and since then I've not been able to get anything on the screen--even after being on the charger a couple of days. The power button and blue wireless indicator are both on (even with the lid closed) and I can't turn it off--even when I hold the power button to the off position for an extanded period. My husband even removed the battery and put it back in--still no luck. Help!

HP Recommended

Same problem here, although the screen worked when plugged in, UNTIL we talked to tech support. When we finished doing what they told us, the screen wouldn't turn on. My wife uses this computer daily for business, it will take 2-3 weeks to ship, fix and return, so she'll have to buy a second computer to get through this period. TERRIBLE customer service, if I were ever tempted to purchase a HP product, I'm not any longer.

HP Recommended

I've got the same issue with mine.  The LEDs light up on the power button and on the wifi button, but the display is black. I tried attaching a secondary monitor, and get no signal to the monitor.  I've re-seated the HD and the RAM, with no progress.  I pulled the HD and put in in my Toshiba laptop, and it boots fine.  I can't find anything online through HP support that would indicate what the problem is, because nothing on their website is specific to this little netbook.  Online support isn't available because my warranty has expired, and I'll have to pay if I call customer support.  Has anyone had similar issues, and knows the solution?

By the looks of it, no one has responded t these posts in over a year, so I assume that this customer to customer forum approach is as worthless as everything else HP offers.  If someone from HP reads this, and cares to prove me wrong, please do so by replying with the intent to help a customer.

I've had my Toshiba atellite for 7 years without a single problem, and everything I've owned from HP has lasted less than 2 years. Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

Well, I will give my solution to blank screen. In my case, the problem was the memory ram module.

From the HP troubleshooting the following text:

Normally, a computer will not display an image if a memory module is loose. However, in some cases, if a memory module is loose or is not making good contact with the memory slots, the computer may responds but does not recognize all of the memory. Reseating the memory module may resolve memory failure errors. To reseat the memory module, take the memory module out of the memory slot and then put it back into the slot to get a better connection so that the computer can recognize the memory.

Next, is not from the HP troubleshooting: You will need wait some time (perhaps 3 minutes) before to install the memory module again. Then turn on the computer. This worked for me.

I hope work for you as well.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.