Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks, dsizler, for trying to help.

In 8.1, search "Devices" -- the first result should be "Devices and Printers." YES

Scroll down to the "HP Wireless Video Transmitter" icon under "Unspecified." YES

Right click the icon and select "Properties" from the drop-down menu. YES

At the top of the Properties dialog box that open select "Hardware." YES

At the bottom right of the Hardware dialog box, select "Properties." YES

This will open yet another dialog box labeled "USB Input Device Properties." NO. I get an box entitled 

HP Wireless Video Transmitter Properties. It has a Properties option at the bottom. I click on that and get a box entitled 

HID_compliant device vendor-defined device properties. In it there is a driver option but that takes me to the micrsoft driver 6.3.9600.16384 but the DRiver Details says no driver is required or loaded.

Also in the Properties is an item USB INput Device but there's no ability to disable or uninstall it or its driver.

So, it's not the same and at no time do I have an option to disable or uninstall anything. Too bad.

Click on "Disable" (and not on "Uninstall").

Click on "OK" at the bottom of all the dialog boxes until they all disappear. Close Devices and Printers.

Reboot. The blue light on the HPconnect should blink a few times as Windows reboots. It will also blink a few times as your system restarts. When you enter your password it should stay a steady blue.

HP Recommended

Tutor:

In 8.1, search "Devices" -- the first result should be "Devices and Printers." YES

Scroll down to the "HP Wireless Video Transmitter" icon under "Unspecified." YES <==STEP 2

Right click the icon and select "Properties" from the drop-down menu. YES

At the top of the Properties dialog box that open select "Hardware." YES

At the bottom right of the Hardware dialog box, select "Properties." YES

This will open yet another dialog box labeled "USB Input Device Properties." NO. I get an box entitled ..."

Try this:

At Step 2 identified above, the dialog box title "HP Wireless Video Transmitter,"

under Device Functions, click to highlight "HID-compliant vendor-defined device" and then click Properties at the bottom .

Now you should see a new dialog box titled "HID-compliant vender-defined Properties."

Once again, click "Driver" at the top. You should now see options along the left side of this dialog box. Select "Disable."

----------------

That should be the end of it...but if the options are greyed, go back to General by clicking General at the top, then click

"Change Settings" and then "Driver." The options should now all be un-greyed if that was a problem.

-----------------

I played around with it and was always able to get the driver disabled and the HPconnect to work.

--------------------------

An alternative is to use Device Manager and right click on the appropriate Human Interface Device that is titled : "HID-compliant vender-defined Properties." In theory this is a much, much more direct approach unless, like me, you have several "HID-compliant vender-defined Properties'" listed.

HP Recommended

for hp tv connect to work on my windows 8.1 computers I included another step prior to deleting the usb plug and play device in properties. I disabled it first and the I went back and uninstalled it everytime I did it that way it worked. I have a samsung laptop and an hp laptop. the extra step worked for both. for everyone that says that it hasn't been working for them include the extra step of disableing it first then delete it. I believe this will solve your problem.

HP Recommended

After using the procedure I previously decribed to disable the HP, I found that I did not need to repeat the procedure later.

Even if I disconnected the HP from my PC and plugged it back in days later, it was still officially disabled but continued to operate just fine.

So, I no longer have a problem with the device on my Win 8.1 system.

HP Recommended

We should note that the blue light on the USB unti will go out when your pc sleeps or if certain screen savers are used. This is not a problem and the blue light will turn on as soon as you 'wake up' your pc.

UPDATE: 12/12/2014

The latest Windows update will add a new "HID-compliant vender-defined Properties" line in Device Manager. If you had problems before you will also likely have the "HID-compliant vender-defined Properties" that you previously DISABLED.

Just DISABLE the new one that the update added and all should be fine. I unplug the little box connected to the TV for ten seconds and reboot the PC.  All the little blue lights (TV and PC plugin shoulod turn blue.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for posting your solution.  It worked within minutes after my spending hours trying to find something!

Kat

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion about disabling the device, and it worked for me with the addition of one more step:  I had to unplug the USB cable from my PC, in other words, I had to turn off the power to the PC TV connect adaptor, then plug it in again, i.e.,once again power up the Wireless TV adaptor that was plugged into the laptop.

Thanks for the solution. I never would have thought that disabling the device would be the key to making it work - but there you have it.

HP Recommended

I know this is an old post, and the product is no longer in production, but I have discovered something that may help if you still have the gizmo.  I was trying to bring mine up on Win 10 and got the same "linking...."  message.  Played around and found that if I do not plug the USB power for the Dongle into a port on my notebook, but take it directly from a non-linked USB 2 power source, it works fine.  I have pulled an old cell phone charger from my discarded cable pile and things are great.  I think the problem all along has been the USB power to the dongle and Windows messing with those ports.  Also it does not want to work with newer USB 3 ports.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.