07-29-2014 02:16 AM
I want to disable the Dedicated Nvidia Gpu of my HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC, I checked the bios for this but, There is no option to enable/disable the Dedicated/external gpu of laptop . I don't want it because I am a programmer, I never play games or use multimedia apps on my laptop.
I want to save the battery by disabling the gpu. Please provide me the BIOS UPDATE containing the option to disable the Dedicated/external Gpu for the "HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC ".
I request the HP Team to provide me the option to disable/enable the External GPU in the bios of HP 14-d002tx Notebook PC .
07-31-2014 04:02 PM
Hello krishna22211, welcome to the HP Forums.
I see that you're looking to disable the NVIDIA graphics. I will try to assist you with this.
Here is the latest BIOS update for your notebook :
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors).
If you update and the option is not there to disable/enable, to still try and minimize power consumption of the NVIDIA GPU, you could try any of the following:
Disable the drivers in Device Manager, or uninstall it.
Go into the NVIDIA control center and reduce the settings from in there.
Create a power custom power plan, that reduces power for graphics.
I hope this is able to help.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)