Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 6470b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have an HP Probook 6470b running x64 bit Windows 10.  My F keys do not function properly or at least not how I would like them to.  If I hit f6 for example, the label on the key says it should lower my volume, but instead it highlights the website url. If I hold fn and hit f6 it will lower the volume however.  I want to be able to make so I can just press the key without holding fn and have the key perform the function that it is labelled for. I went into BIOS and the current version of BIOS does not have any Action Key settings I can change.  I tried downloading an HP Hotkey Support driver, but that didn't seem to accomplish anything either. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as it's pretty annoying having the keys function in their current manner.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.