Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My text size Keeps getting smaller on my new G6  laptop.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may try this:

Hold down the Ctrl key and press + (plus) sign few times (press minus sign will make text smaller). OR you can use these steps:

To make the text on your screen larger or smaller
  1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Choose one of the following:

• Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.

• Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.

• Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.

3. Click Apply.

To see the change, close all of your programs and then log off of Windows. This change will take effect the next time you log on.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I received the info to increase font size and I was told to click on "Apply" = where do I find that?  As you probably suspected - I am very computer illerate!!  Thank you for any help you can furnish.....

HP Recommended
Font size
HP Recommended

Hello Raineman,

I see that you are trying to increase the font size on your computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I have tried the screen resolution and chosen 125 or 150 but it just does not work.

I would like to see the fonts the same size as this message please. What do i do?

HP Recommended

How do I increase the letter font size on my new laptop?

HP Recommended

Hello Faye48. I understand you would like to increased the letter size on your new laptop. I located a Microsoft document on how to adjust this content: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-screen-text-larger-smaller#make-screen-text-larger-s...

I have provided the Windows 8 troubleshooting, under the assumption that your new computer contains Windows 8. If the troubleshooting is for Windows 7, the steps are essentially identical.

Please respond if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Thanks it worked!
HP Recommended

I want to learn how to make my letters larger!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.