10-21-2011 06:45 PM
HP Pavilion dv9830us
I have connected my HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV but when I select HDMI on the TV I keep getting no signal error and nothing displays on the TV. I have tried both HDMI ports on the TV to no avail. When I hook up the cable the computer beeps but nothing happens on the TV. Can anybody help me with this?
10-21-2011 08:00 PM
Please don't ask me why but try this order:
1. Turn OFF both TV and laptop
2. Connect the HDMI cable
3. Turn ON the TV, from the menu allow it accept PC/Laptop using HDMI port (you should have a list HDMI1, HDMI2 ...)
4. Turn ON the laptop
5. Using Display properties, you should see 2 screens now
6. Select screen #2, it is similar with this:
You don't have to do this next time.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)