Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hey Guys:

I had a problem with my laptop HP Probook 450 G2

Iam using Windows 10 X64 and when i setup it's AMD Radeon R5 M255 it is setuped but without any change and only working is Intel Video Driver  I tried to unsetup the Intel Driver but the new Wroking Driver is the Basic Video Driver 

please help me making the AMD Driver is the Main Driver

Thank you for your care .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The notebook decides when to use the AMD graphics driver based on the demand placed on the graphics system.

So almost always, the Intel HD graphics adapter will be the primary graphics adapter.

You need to install both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers from your notebook's support page in order for the graphics to work correctly.

Install the Intel first, restart the PC, then install the AMD and restart the PC.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

The notebook decides when to use the AMD graphics driver based on the demand placed on the graphics system.

So almost always, the Intel HD graphics adapter will be the primary graphics adapter.

You need to install both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers from your notebook's support page in order for the graphics to work correctly.

Install the Intel first, restart the PC, then install the AMD and restart the PC.

HP Recommended

I already did that but when I open the device manager I found a yellow triangle on the AMD driver and the main driver is intel

HP Recommended
Did you found any issue like blue screen with a THREAD: STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER?
HP Recommended

Try manually installing the AMD graphics driver by browsing to the driver folder as follows...

Click on the problem AMD graphics adapter.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp##### where ##### is the file number of the amd graphics driver you downloaded.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

That would be the only other suggestion I can offer other than to contact HP technical support for further assistance if your notebook is still under warranty.

HP Recommended
Yes please contact with the technical support .because the problem still presenting. I am still in the warrentywarranty. Thank you Paul for your care. As for the first question. No the is no blue screen. Although when I uninstall the Intel driver the laptop gave a black screen the restarted spontanously.
HP Recommended
???
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is a peer to peer forum, not HP technical support.  HP maintains no official presence here.

I am not employed by, nor do I represent HP.

You have to contact HP for the country you live in at the link below.

Select the business support option since you have a business notebook.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for your  useful help and your care.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Hopefully a HP technical support person will be able to help you get the video to work correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.