Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello!  I have Hp laptop dv9748tx.   Turned my computer on and red pixels are where it should be black.  It also has red pixels around certain pictures.  This screen should be white as I am typing but is a light blue colour and the 2 total care hands at the top left has red pixels around it. Very hard on the eyes. Any help would be much appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Yeah, I have the same issue on my girlfriends G62. We never dropped it, never exposed it to bad conditions, etc. I contacted support and after 40 minutes they said it was something we did to it and want to charge us to fix it. I told them to blow me. I'm gonna take pictures of it and get them to their support becuase the non-american person I went through troubleshooting with apparently did not understand me when I explained this to him. I'll let you know if this gets me anywhere. They're pretty dumb at support though.

HP Recommended

what you have is called a dead pixel

this is hps dead pixel policy

For dots always on or off:
XGA and WXGA Panels
6 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off
Any 2 dots within 25mm of each other that are always on
Any 2 dots within 15mm of each other that are always off
WXGA+ and SXGA+ Panels
7 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off
WSXGA+ and UXGA Panels
8 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off
WUXGA Panels
9 or more dots in any combination and any color that are always on or off

The dead pixel policy for notebook PCs is here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...dlc=en&lang=en

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

That's what I tried to tell the guy, they're not dead pixels. Right now, I have no abnormalities on the screen. However, if tilt it about 15 degrees toward or away from me, I get the red and cyan pixels everywhere. Imagine it like television static that's colored and you can see around it. I explaind that to the guy. {Content Removed}

HP Recommended

maybe your backlight light is leaking in certain angels try to dim the screen and see if the red pixels still appear

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Way ahead of you. I am somewhat computer savvy. I have already tried adjusting the backlight, all drivers are up-to-date, power supply makes no difference, etc. Nothing helps. I think it's a loose cable, I just don't want to take it apart while it's still under warraty. They want my money for THEIR hardware issue, and I'm not stupid enough to give it to them.

HP Recommended

i konw it wont fix the issue my questoin is can you still see red dont when the backlight is off. even it you point an external light source on the screen

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem, and it once happened before. :catsad: I dont really know how to fix it eather, It just seemed to fix it's self for a while. Did you get it fixed yet?

HP Recommended

HP kept telling us we droppd the laptop when we didn't. They did everything they could to blame us so they would not have to fix it without charging me. The laptop still works but I never got around to fixing the screen, not much of a point anymore since the computer I built works absolutely flawlessly. You'd be better off getting rid of that and buying from a different manufacturer.

HP Recommended
Alright. I know theres no way of fixing it because I tried looking for the sorce of the problem myself, so I would have to get a new computer then.
Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.