Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Recently my laptops Hp envy dv6 webcam was not wokring or even detected by softwares such as youcam, skype extra. So I refreshed the windows and everything started working. Today when I installed several softwares through Hp support Assisstant the webcam didn't work or even detected by several softwares. Please help me as i need to talk to my friends through skype. I hate Hp, It always has problems.

Specifications:-

intel core i7 3630QM

4 gb ram

64 bit processor

windows 8

intel hd graphics

1 tb harddrive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again Hacker009.

Have you tried installing the updates one at a time to determine which update is causing the issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Hacker009.  I understand you're getting the "webcam not detected" error.

I made a post a while back containing the instructions for resolving this issue.  You should take a look at it and follow my steps.  Here is a direct link.

Let me know the result.  I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

I find it helpful AttackofZaq, I fixed it again by refreshing the windows but this happens again and again after I install updates from hp support assisstant. I didn't follow your steps as I fixed it before your reply but thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Hello again Hacker009.

Have you tried installing the updates one at a time to determine which update is causing the issue?

HP Recommended

Not untill now, I'll try updating them as you have told.

Thankyou for the help AttackofZaq.

HP Recommended

Thankyou so much Attackofzaq, Again my webcam had the same problem so I followed what you told me and It worked. I uninstalled it and restarted it and webcam became good as new. Thankyou you made my day. :DD

HP Recommended

You are very welcome Hacker009.  I am glad to hear that your issue was resolved.

I also appreciate you marking the post as solved.  This will help other users locate an answer to their questions in the future.  Also, if you ever need more assistance I suggest you pay these forums a visit.  The community is a great resource.

Have a most excellent weekend.

HP Recommended

Yeah - great solution - with one caveat - make a note of your WebCam's Model before you uninstall it.

I made that mistake and when I went to hp.com to download the driver software, I could not find it anywhere because I did not know the Model name and it was not to be found on the WebCam itself!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.