Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My G62 has an ATI video HD6370, when I connected my notebook with the HDMI cables it worked very well, and after a month simple the laptop didn't detect the TV anymore, so I re-install drivers and updates but nothing happened, now that I'm looking for solutions I see a lot of people have the same problem and HP it's not given any solutions for this problem why???

This is G62 info:

Product number: LD643AV

Serial Number: CNF1083ZB3

Windows 7 Premium 64bits

By the way just recently my daughter also has the same problem, she has a Pavilion DV6, this is ridiculous!!!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may disable the HDMI output by mistake. Make sure you enable it (try F4).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I pressed F4 and it came the window to enable it but it was already enable, it didn't do anything, it's really frustrating, but thanks anyway...My video card is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370, I un-install it and re-install it but nothing happens. My LGHD tv can see "HDMI" high light it in my TV but no signal...

HP Recommended

Same issue here, for months hdmi worked on HP G62-340US and all of a sudden stopped working? No flags anywhere, have tried everything from upgrading drivers to removing and reinstalling. The TV recognizes the port but no picture comes. In sound settings it says not plugged in and I can't seem to change that. Quite annoying since laptop is little over a year old. If this doesn't get fix I will never buy a hp laptop, this is the first experience with hp.

HP Recommended

Hi cmode,

I understand that you are having an issue with the picture not displaying properly. I have included the document 'Resolving HDMI Display and Sound Issues'. If you scroll to the bottom of the document there are several links for troubleshooting HDMI issues.

Please let me know if this resolves the display issue, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the info, i did everything you suggest, but it didin't work, my hdmi might be bad by now, since i tried everything possible for troubleshooting, thank you for trying to help. But it's helpless, it's probably broken.

I decided to get a device that works through USB and converts to HDMI, I 've seen them in ebay, kind of expensive but I don't have other laptop, so I 'll get that in order to be able to see in my HD LG tv.

HP Recommended

Nope, the option you suggested are quite simple. As I already mentioned that the hdmi worked on laptop for almost a year and now just stopped. Its saying not plugged in Sound devices properties. I have to use vga port not to connect it to my tv which is really not very useful since I get het sound from laptop and every time I need to increase or descrease sound, I have to get up. Not a good experience.

HP Recommended

Hi cmode,

Thank you for the information. With going through the troubleshooting steps and not being able to resolve the issue, I do have one question to clarify with you. Have you tried another HDMI cable? Does your current HDMI cable work with another computer? This will help determine if there is even an issue with the cable, or the port that it is connected to.

Please let me know the outcome of these steps, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Goodluck to you, seems these HP laptop are made to last only one year. The only option you are left with is to use VGA port on your LED tv, which is also not efficient since the sound won't come from your TV. The most frustating thing is that all diagnostics and device manager event viewer all clear. No issue flagged anywhere just HDMI won't work anymore. Pathetic Hardware and pathetic resolution give there for kids. They should admit that they have an issue where HDMI stopped working and device manager or any other diagnotic tool, like HP asstant won't detect that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.