09-28-2010 11:34 AM
By mistake few drops of water spilled on the screen and now I can see white patch at the bottom of the screen.
Please suggest some way to correct this issue.
09-28-2010 12:36 PM
Sounds like there might be some damage to the screen, but we definitely want to help!
One way to determine if the screen is damaged is to boot into the BIOS of your system. If the discoloration still appears in the BIOS it is likely to need repaired.
The easiest way to boot into the BIOS is to shut your system down, then as soon as you press the power button to restart the system, tap F10 at the top of your keyboard repeatedly until you see the BIOS Setup screen appear. Once in there, simply determine if the spot appears still, then you can press 'F10' and then 'Enter' to exit the BIOS.
Let me know if this helps!
Also, feel free to contact us for help or repair service options.
We are here for you!
Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'.
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)