Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,
I have HP ENVY 6 (1206tx) laptop with Intel 4000 graphic and Amd Radeon 8600/8700m but I could not install amd Radeon driver on it. When I try to install at the last moment of installation it became hang. What can I do please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @achinta,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post regarding issues with the AMD graphics card installation.  It will be a delight to assist you.

Superb description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 We greatly value your business with HP. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

First off, I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

• Do you get an error message during installing the display driver?
  • What is the operating system of the computer?
  • Is it the original Operating system that came installed on the computer?
  • Did you try to install the drivers from the HP website

please perform these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers completely from device manager.

Steps to uninstall the graphics drivers

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Display adapters>then select the display drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the graphics drivers.
  • Please check the box that says “delete the software for this device”.

Then restart the computer and update the bios and graphics drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/model/5360117  This should do the trick for you. Please select the correct operating system and then proceed.

Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @achinta,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post regarding issues with the AMD graphics card installation.  It will be a delight to assist you.

Superb description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 We greatly value your business with HP. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

First off, I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

• Do you get an error message during installing the display driver?
  • What is the operating system of the computer?
  • Is it the original Operating system that came installed on the computer?
  • Did you try to install the drivers from the HP website

please perform these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers completely from device manager.

Steps to uninstall the graphics drivers

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Display adapters>then select the display drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the graphics drivers.
  • Please check the box that says “delete the software for this device”.

Then restart the computer and update the bios and graphics drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/model/5360117  This should do the trick for you. Please select the correct operating system and then proceed.

Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi  @DavidSMP

Thanks for your advice. I am extremely happy to tell you that your advice was very helpful. It's working perfectly.  

Thanks a lot for your solution. 

HP Recommended

Hi @achinta,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @DavidSMP

You are always most welcome. And again thanks for your solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.