Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I continue not to have any issues dating back to the LFLFM recommendation.

HP Recommended

The graphics issues continue although after some of the updates a bit less but still there. The latest problem causes the screen to be duplicated and the only way to fix is to reload the page or close the browser.

Frustrating but less than constant as it was before.

The lack of posts may indicate people have given up on HP  doing anything.

HP Recommended

Thought I would pass along my recent experience since indicating  last month that my system was mostly working.

THEN my hard drive failed last week  - 3 weeks after end of system warranty 😞  

I did a clean reinstall of Windows 8.1 to factory image and then immediately upgraded to Windows 10 1511 Build 10586.164, the last update.

Did this prior to installing any other software.

At this point, I am  not experiencing any of the problems previously experienced and I did not update any drivers from the Factory 8.1 Image.

Not recommending that anyone do a clean install, but just indicating that when I did, my system was stable.

Good luck to everyone,

HP Recommended

The last updates installed on my machine were:

KB3140741 on 3-23

KB3140743 on 3-2

KB3139907 on 3-2

I have not noticed as many graphics error messages as in Feb and earlier.  I have no idea whether the updates fixed the issue, but it has not been as prevalent as in Feb/Jan.

My graphics card is Intel HD 4600  1,792 MB, with driver 10.18.15.4248 (8/4/2015) w/ 1,792 MB

My system is Windows 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 12GB (4GB  Micron 1600MHz & 8GB  Samsung 1600MHz), System Board 2291 77.35, System Bios F.34,

HP Recommended

Bpilgram

It appears our systems are very similiar.

Thought I would provide you with my specs for comparison if you continue having issues.

My specs

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC K2T35AV

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60Hz

12GB  (4GB Kingston 1600MHz, 8GB Samsung 1600MHz)

System Board  2290.77.35

System Bios:     F42  (Updated by HP tech back in January)

Graphic Device - after clean install system reflects different driver installed

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Memory:  1,792 MG

Driver Version:   20.19.15.4331  (11/18/2015)

HP Support Assistant Reports the following - Drivers and firmwares installed on my system

(Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver  -  Intel Corporation  -  20.19.15.4331)

Microsoft Basic Display Driver  -  Microsoft Corporation  -  10.0.10586.0

(th2_release.151029-1700)

Microsoft Basic Render Driver  -  Microsoft Corporation  -  10.0.10586.0

HP Recommended

I'm also still experiencing this problem and I've created my own post about it yesterday just to find this one today.
I'll keep an eye out on this one since it's still active and ongoing. Hope they'll get it fixed some day soon. Soon it'll be a year for having these **bleep**y problems.

HP Recommended

@AlanL1 wrote:

Bpilgram

It appears our systems are very similiar.

Thought I would provide you with my specs for comparison if you continue having issues.

My specs

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC K2T35AV

Windows 10 Home 64bit

@ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60Hz

12GB  (4GB Kingston 1600MHz, 8GB Samsung 1600MHz)

System Board  2290.77.35

System Bios:     F42  (Updated by HP tech back in January)

Graphic Device - after clean install system reflects different driver installed

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Memory:  1,792 MG

Driver Version:   20.19.15.4331  (11/18/2015)

HP Support Assistant Reports the following - Drivers and firmwares installed on my system

(Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver  -  Intel Corporation  -  20.19.15.4331)

Microsoft Basic Display Driver  -  Microsoft Corporation  -  10.0.10586.0

Microsoft Basic Render Driver  -  Microsoft Corporation  -  10.0.10586.0

I'm also still experiencing this problem and I've created my own post about it yesterday just to find this one today.
I'll keep an eye out on this one since it's still active and ongoing. Hope they'll get it fixed some day soon. Soon it'll be a year for having these **bleep**y problems.

HP Recommended

You will see different things people have tried, some with success and some with worse problems.

The hard thing is not all patches can be applied because the machine wont allow the application of the update.

The only real solution is for the computer manufactures to fix the issue.

The real funny thing is HP pops up a survey when you enter this site. Kind of funny to see the display blurred or double displayed because of the problem. One would think the fools would realize this is an issue not going away and do something about it.

HP Recommended

First Post 11/18/15 .

It is now 5/20/16 and HP still has not fully addressed this issue.

Wonderful support for an issue that may not be the computer but one that HP should address for it's customers.

It is interesting that not one HP support person offered anything past the post number 17 where the suggestion was to revert back to the old version of windows. Real support, buy a computer but never upgrade it.

I realize this is an issue caused by Microsoft and Nvidia but when the screen locks or displays wrong it is aggravating.

Maybe HP is afraid of those companys.

HP Recommended

Same issue is being faced by me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Driver-issue-in-HP-ab522tx/m-p/5634528...

No help from HP's site. What a shame.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.