Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

AlanL --  Thanks for keeping everyone up to-date on your communications with HP.  It sounds like you've gotten them to recognize that the issue is wither the 1511 upgrade.  But, rolling back to 8.1 and then re-installing Windows 10 and disabling the 1511 updates is really a tall order, especially for folks with a mediocre internet connection.

If you get to talk with HP again, you might suggest that they figure out how to allow users to install the Beta versions of the 4600 HD drivers released after November as that has solved the problem for non-HP machines.  However, if you use Intel update software, it reports that the updated beta versions of the drivers cannot be installed on HP machines because HP has modified the drivers.

HP Recommended

Hi Bpilgram  --I agree the options stated by HP were not acceptable and

so expressed that to them.  I was basically just reporting back to this

forum my interactions with HP.

I do still have the email address of that Case Manager and will get back to

him with your suggestion.  I did mention to him about the Intel Beta Driver

but that it would not instlall on my system.

HP Recommended

Is it possible that a fix can be amongst the latest Windows 10 Version 1511 update released the other day?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3124262

And, thanks AlanL for all the good work you have done!

Best -

HP Recommended

The update also installs automatically but I checked to see if it helped. The listing of updates does not include any reference to Intel. so far the issue has not gone away.

HP Recommended

I found this forum on Intel's support site.  Note that on Dec 15, an Intel rep said they were aware of the driver crashing issue and it was escalated to their engineers, but with no guesstimate of the resolution time.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/96254?start=0&tstart=0

HP Recommended

Using the abover post , I contacted Intel support and received a reply  " We are sure Intel engineering is looking at the problem"

Months and months and still stalled.

HP Recommended

I am uplifted by the last couple of comments - 

And, I will relinquish my aggravation and await the next quarterly bundle of updates from HP or Intel that will address this problem...

Until March!

Best-

HP Recommended

Using a post that directed to the Intel site for graphic updates , I found drivers that "claimed" to be for the processor and OS version ( Win10) for 64 bit and 32 bit. Using the 64bit driver and following directions it started to load. Not surprising the error message indicated HP had not validated this driver and was ending.  Although Intel said these were specifically for the graphics issues it seems to be another dead end.

HP Recommended

I get the same error with Intel HD Graphics Family :Crying: sadly this is now happening across multiple manufacturers  and graphics drivers.

@tsac wrote:

Using a post that directed to the Intel site for graphic updates , I found drivers that "claimed" to be for the processor and OS version ( Win10) for 64 bit and 32 bit. Using the 64bit driver and following directions it started to load. Not surprising the error message indicated HP had not validated this driver and was ending.  Although Intel said these were specifically for the graphics issues it seems to be another dead end.

No dout there is probably an argument going on between Microsoft and Intel about who's fault it is and who's resorses to put in to solving this isuue.  .... when they drag there feet there is usually a blame game going on :Crying: 

Info HP we want to know whats going on ???  this has been a known issue for 5 months and still nothing doing.

This is happening to people straight out of the box I carn't imagine how frustrating that would be.

HP Recommended

Does anyone from HP or Intel have a hint as to when their next update package will be released - I am feeling more certain now that this issue cannot be overlooked any longer.

Best

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.