Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m4-1150la Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all.

I've tried NUMEROUS way to make any version of the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphic driver work on this used HP Envy m4-1150la  machine that works great under a Windows 10 upgrade (everything else was able to be updated and works flawlessly). I've gone back and forth uninstalled, reinstalling, upgrading, etc etc to no avail. I kee getting a Code 43 from Windows ("Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".  I've attempted to get an answer from Intel and Microsoft about this issue to no avail.

Anyone encounter this error, or am I just out of luck and have to look into a new product?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since I don't know what you have tried, if you have not tried this, give it a shot...

Uninstall the graphics adapter (check the uninstall driver box too) and restart the machine so you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to show up under the Display Adapters device manager category.

Download and install this free file utility.  The second file listed is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Download and save, but do not run this graphics driver file from your notebook's support page.

This package provides the driver that enables the IntelHigh-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. If high-definition multimediainterface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package alsoinstalls the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp63753.exe

After you download the graphics driver file, right click on it and select 7-Zip from the list of options.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp63753).

After that is done go to the device manager and click to expand the Display Adapters device category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Hello again,

None of that solved my problem. I have read numerous articles and support forums hinting that this might actually be a fault in the hardware and attempting to reheat the soldering connection with flux might aide this fix. Since this is an older machine and bought second hand the warranty has been void for quite a while.  This might be an error with the hardware...too bad. 

HP Recommended

Exact same problem in my ENVY 17 TouchSmart from 2014! Too bad if this is a hardware related problem :(.. I haven't been able to manage to solve this after HOUR and HOURS of reading all over the interweb!! 😞

HP Recommended

Come to think of it- if it WAS hardware related I wouldn't be able to use it with the basic Microdoft adapter driver like I am right now...

Still.

C'mon...I can't use it for anything heavy graphic related and more importantly I can't use the HDMI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.