05-29-2013 10:58 AM
I have HP laptop Paviliion g6 with Radeon (TM) HD 6470M (memory - 1 GB). I want to replace this Graphic card with different graphic card having more memory (atleaset 2 GB).
Is it possible to replace it?
05-29-2013 11:17 AM
You would have to look at the service manual for your specific g6 model on the support and driver page, and in chapter 3, there will be listed the various motherboards and what graphics they have.
You would need to replace the entire motherboard with one that has better graphics if one exists and you can plan on spending several hundred dollars just for the part alone--if one even exists.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)