Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My CD/DVD drive is a bit difficult to open using the button on the door of it.  Is there a keyboard shortcut to open/close it?

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the Start Menu, click Computer, right click your CD/DVD drive and select Eject.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
What part of "keyboard shortcut" did you not understand?
HP Recommended

Hi, What OS (Operating System eg. Windows 7, Vista, 😎 are you using?

And please refrain from snarky comments, our experts are doing their best

*Hope this Helps*
**Click the Kudos to the left if you think this helps**
***Click accept as solution if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

When i am opening ms word one error getting

word was unable to read this document.it may be corrupt.
How should i do?
HP Recommended

@naveen143225, what office version do you have? 

THX

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't have the problem with Word, naveen143225 does.

Anyone have any idea about how to allocate a task like CD Eject to an as yet unassigned key on my keyboard, that neither Keyboard Test, keytweak, Sharpkeys, nor MS Keyboard Layout tool can help with?

HP Recommended
I'm using Windoes 7 Home Premium 64bit.
HP Recommended

@TomHR, you can't make a shortcut with the keyboard to open the drive. Now, you can make an icon on the desktop where you can double click it and the drive opens.

If that's OK with you I'll show you how to do that?

THX

HP Recommended
I suppose that Icon could be linked to a keyboard shorcut, but the problem is that the unused key I want to use cannot be used for keyboard shortcuts, I think, as it doesn't produce any character, normally.
But it IS a working, connected key, as it operates as f5 when the Fn key is held down, so the keyboard driver must be seeing the keypress.
But because
a) the key currently does nothing if pressed without holding down Fn, and
b) it is next to other keys which also are funtion keys when the Fn key is held down, but have multimedia functions when they're pressed without holding the Fn key down,
I would really like to be able to just press that key (without Fn held down) and have it open the CD tray.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.