Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion dv7-6b51ea
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello I recently re-installed windows 7 on my laptop due to it crashing a lot and had a problem with an update. Anyway, I have updated all other drivers using this website but it wont let me download any of the three graphics drivers there is? I have an Radeon graphics sticker on my laptop if that helps at all? when I try to download the AMD first one it crashes my computer and makes me restore again, the second and third says my system is not compatable with the driver download.

This is my compatable ID on the graphics drive " PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&REV_00 " and this is the hardware ID " PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_1659103C&REV_00 "

All help is appreciated, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

You can try this

This is not an official solution to the above problem, but it has worked for myself and various others.

1.  Install the HP Software Framework as found here.

Credit for finding this link goes out to CherylG.

2.  Next, uninstall all ATI/AMD software through Programs and Features.

3.  Go to www.hp.com and select Support and Drivers at the top.  

4.  Select Software and Driver downloads and enter your product model or product number.

5.  Select the most recent operating system matching your installation of Windows 8's bit architecture.  For example, Windows 7 64bit for Windows 8 64bit.

6.  Download the ATI graphics card driver.

7.  Run the file once it is finished downloading.  

8.  Let the extraction process finish, but cancel the installation when prompted to continue it after the extraction.  Take note of where this is extracted to.  By default, this should be c:\swsetup\<file_name_of_download>.

9.  Here, there should be a setup.exe for installing the ATI driver.  Right-click this and select troubleshoot compatibility.  

10.  Follow the compatibility troulbeshooter and select the suggested fixes.  On one screen, there will be a test program button.  Click this to begin the installation.  

11.  Follow the installation and it should finish successfully.

12.  Once finished, right-click the desktop to verify the configure switchable graphics option is listed.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

I'm on the software and drivers part of the page and for number 6. of your steps I do not see ATI graphics drivers. All I see is

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver

AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

When I try to install the last two it says my system is not compatable with them and with the first it crashes and then my computer doesnt bootup so it makes me restore to an earlier date.

Sorry  I couldnt respond sooner I didnt have access to my computer as I was out for a few days.

btw im using windows 7 home premium service pack 1, when i test compatability it says windows xp service pack 2.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.