11-26-2011 09:44 AM
Compaq presario cq50
while watching a movie or streaming video after a while the laptop shuts down. Never used to happen but its now quite regular.
It does get quite hot but when it shuts down, it does start up again straight away.
Ive read elsewhere about this happening to others and maybe it being an issue with windows.
Any ideas or is my laptop knackered?
11-26-2011 10:37 AM
Most likely the machine is getting hot due to many things including dust, faulty fan, bad ventilation ...Please use these tips to keep laptop cooler.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)