01-24-2010 08:17 AM
I have my HP Pavilion dv7 1428ca laptop connected via hdmi to my Samsung 1080p LCD LN40B540. I watch movies using Winows media player. When I watch a movie on the LCD screen, I want my laptop screen to turn off after a couple minutes of inactivity. I have tried changing the settings on the screen saver and power management tool. Unfortunately, any changes I make effect the laptop screen and the LCD tv at the same time.
I'm using Windows Vista.
01-24-2010 07:54 PM
go into the display control panel, and see if you have the monitors set to "duplicate" mode (same output on laptop and TV screens). You have to see if you can change the setting so that only the TV is getting output. Depending upon your laptop there is usually a function key combo to press to cycle through the display modes, i.e such as fn + f4.
By the way, are you running vista 32 bit home premium or 64 bit?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)