09-13-2011 07:09 PM
I'm using a HP Pavilion dv7-1132nr that operates using Windows Vista 64-bit. One day I turned it on and the monitor didn't come on. The system starts but nothing happens. However, I noticed that the light beside "caps lock" and between "end" and "pg up" blink. Please help.
09-26-2011 05:37 PM
I am having the exact same problem with the exact same computer - it has worked well for a number of years at first it happened intermittently - but now it won't come on at all.
it has been suggested to me that it might be the video card - that it is very close to the power supply, and might have gotten overheated. So, the suggestion is that replacing the video card, might fix the problem.
but/and I have read that in most laptops the video card in part of the motherboard - and is probably not able to be replaced - but, not all of them
So my follow up question is, is this the case with this model? HP Pavilion dv7 1132nr (&/or 1135nr)
if not - where can I get the replacement video card?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)