Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax025ND
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I only recently got my HP omen, it is now 2 weeks old. The touchpad multifinger gestures are not working, includig scrolling. I have the latest version of all drivers, including Synaptics touchpad driver (v19.3.11.37). All settings are as they should be for it to work. When I open "extra muisopties/additional mouse options" a window with the following message pops up: (Synaptics pointer) "configuratieschermuitbreiding is niet compatibel met stuurprogrammaversie/configurationwindowextension not compatible with driver version" which in my case is Windows 10. I have read countless support pages and troubleshooters on the HP website, but none refers to my problem specifically and none of the answers resolves my problem. Scrolling is something quite important to me, so HP, could you please help me resolve my problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Deniesi, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have touch-pad issues with your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Kudos to you for troubleshooting before reaching out to us.

As you mentioned that you have updated the touchpad drivers to the latest version but you are unable to scroll or use the multi-finger gestures.

Please try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for the mouse.
From the results list, click Mouse & touchpad settings.
Click Additional mouse options.
On the ClickPad tab, click Settings.
On the General tab, you find the following settings:
Set Pointing Speed, Tapping, Scrolling, and Gestures.
Click - Set tap and drag, and two or three finger clicks.
Scroll - Customize the scrolling characteristics.
Gestures - Set two finger pinching and rotating gestures
In the Advanced tab, there are more settings.
SmartSense - Set palm interference on the touchpad and advanced filters.
Motion - Adjust the touch pressure to activate the click pad and travel of the cursor.
EdgeMotion - Set scrolling or dragging when your finger is at the edge of the click pad.
Accessibility - Set cursor slow motion by pressing specified keys.
Turn individual gestures on or off by clicking on the box next to each item. A check in the box indicates that gesture is enabled.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot!

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately this doesn't help, as I had already checked all of these settings and put them to work. The problem is not in these settings, since I enabled all of them. As I said before, when I click "Additional mouse options" a window pops up with this message: "configurationwindowextension not compatible with driver version" which in my case is Windows 10. I suspect the problem to be located somewhere around that pop-up window. Maybe the HP Synaptics Driver is just not compatible with Windows 10 and the Driver should be revised for all HP-users?

Do you have any more solutions? 

HP Recommended

@Deniesi, thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned that even after performing troubleshooting the issue still persists.

I would suggest you uninstall the touchpad driver from device manager and all the components of Synaptics driver from your PC.

And install the driver using HP recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to install drivers using recovery manager.

I'll watch your reply!

Hope you have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot,

I uninstalled the Synaptics driver, used recovery manager and it didn't work.

BTW, the link to the article in your reply goes to "HP Notebook x2 - 10-p010nr (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications" and not to the recovery manager. It was easy to find with the search-option on my laptop though, so it wasn't a problem.

Then I re-installed the Synaptics driver again using the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, selecting the lastest avalable version, the one that was on my laptop originally. Then it worked miraculously.

So after all, my problem is fixed. Thanks for the help. Third time reinstalling the same thing seems to be the clue.

HP Recommended

@Deniesi

Although @A4Apollo is out for the day, 
I wanted to congratulate you on resolving this issue with MrRobot's guidance,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

And Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.