03-28-2011 03:31 PM
My webcam is blurry on my HP mini Laptop. Actually it is out of focus. I can place something within 1/2 inch away from the camera and it is clear as can be. So the lens is not dirty, nor is there anything covering it.
When I first got the netbook, the webcam was in Focus using Skype or just opening the camera. Is there a utility to focus the camera? I am going to try and re-load the drivers and see if this will help.
Does anyone know the fix for this?
05-26-2011 10:37 AM - edited 05-26-2011 10:39 AM
I cannot reload the drivers for my HP Mini 5102. HP seems to not have provided them. See my whirpool post. Which model is yours?
There is a standalone app mentioend there which is downloadable from HP.
My camera is in focus but sends blurry image in Skype - this implies the image is being downgraded to lower resolution due to low bandwidth however I am connecting to another computer in my house and it is fine.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)