08-15-2012 03:25 PM
I have the HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook using windows 2007. My video card is Radeon HD6770M. When playing a video on a website my computer will crash with a physical dump of memory. Please provide some help that will stop this problem.
08-15-2012 07:04 PM
The first two things that come to mind are heat and memory. I am also not familiar with windows 2007. Do you have Windows 7 64 bit? Download this popular program and read carefully because the ads try to get you to download a different program:
This will tell you how hot your machine is getting. I recommend that you use a notebook cooling pad anyway. I would download memtest86 and create a boot disk and run the memory test overnight. The short HP test is not long enough to catch slight flaws that show up with heat.
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)