Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
I inadvertently slid my hand sideways, swiping across the bottom row of the keyboard, which turned the mousepad on, and apparently hit some of the function keys, causing the entire display screen to rotate 90 degrees, so that the top of the screen is up against the left side of the monitor. the whole display screen, background and all. Can anyone tell me how to rotate it back? Thanks. Hp pavilion dv6 notebook PC, windows 7.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hold down the ctrl and alt keys and press the up arrow.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hold down the ctrl and alt keys and press the up arrow.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Sorry, but ctl+alt+up arrow didn't work for me. No arrow worked. Neither did alt+arrow, etc. I opened Settings and after clicking Portrait (flipped) and Landscape (flipped) these options became viable after being greyed out. I finally clicked (straight) Portrait and it worked. 
A lot of work for undoing something i don't know how i did so i don't know how to prevent should it happen again.

HP Recommended
Did you ever get a solution? I have the same problem but the cause was windows 10 upgrade
HP Recommended

I opened Settings and after clicking Portrait (flipped) and Landscape (flipped) these options became viable after being greyed out. I finally clicked (straight) Portrait and it worked. 

I upgraded to Win10 from Win7 and had no problem. This 'glitch' happened when i accidentally clicked something AND to this date, i don't know how i did it.   Good news is it's never happened since. 

Good luck - keep the faith and keep checking these responses out - you'll find your solution.

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions for 'Display' settings changes, but I had to select 'Landscape' to get it back to normal.  With the mouse acting abnormally to my moves, it took some doing to open the window completely to hit the 'Apply' button.

HP Recommended

Thank You for the easy fix, since my 'grandson', 1 yr old, changed my touch-screen, 90 degrees to the left. 

Ctrl, Alt, and up-arrow, fixed-it, in a Jiffy.  My first time to use HP Support.  Thank You again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.