Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a Pavilion dv6 with windows 7 operating system. the cable works with my friends computer to the tv but not from mine to the Tv.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Zack1,

Try this to see if it helps.  Download the Chipset driver and Graphics driver on the links below and save the installers to your Desktop.

Chipset

Graphics Driver

Next, in Device Manager, open Display Adapters, right click on the Intel graphics chip and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then select uninstall.  When done, do the same for the for the Intel High Definition Audio Codec found under Sound Video and Game Controllers.

Now return to the Desktop and install the Chipset driver and then the Graphics driver.  When complete, reboot the PC and see if this has helped.  Check in Device Manager that both the Intel Graphics and the Intel Hi Definition Audio codec have reinstalled successfully and whether you now see the HDMI Audio option under playback devices ( found in Control Panel, Sound ) as shown as the top option on the screenshot below ( ignore the fact that it's ATI, i just mean the TV icon option ).

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/rproffitt2000/?action=view&current=7Speakers.png&newest=1

If it shows up correctly, try the HDMI connection and see if it now functions properly.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you post back with the following information

1.  What is your full Model No. ( ie dv5-1130ea )?

2.  In windows Device Manager, open Display Adapter.  What is listed here?

3.  Is the version of Windows 7 you have a fresh install or an upgrade from HP?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

DP-K,

My full model no. is Dv6t-3000
In device manager under display adapter, Intel(R) HD Graphics is listed
The windows 7 has been updated a few times with random updates from windows and Hp

HP Recommended

Hi Zack1,

Try this to see if it helps.  Download the Chipset driver and Graphics driver on the links below and save the installers to your Desktop.

Chipset

Graphics Driver

Next, in Device Manager, open Display Adapters, right click on the Intel graphics chip and select Properties.  Click the Driver tab and then select uninstall.  When done, do the same for the for the Intel High Definition Audio Codec found under Sound Video and Game Controllers.

Now return to the Desktop and install the Chipset driver and then the Graphics driver.  When complete, reboot the PC and see if this has helped.  Check in Device Manager that both the Intel Graphics and the Intel Hi Definition Audio codec have reinstalled successfully and whether you now see the HDMI Audio option under playback devices ( found in Control Panel, Sound ) as shown as the top option on the screenshot below ( ignore the fact that it's ATI, i just mean the TV icon option ).

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/rproffitt2000/?action=view&current=7Speakers.png&newest=1

If it shows up correctly, try the HDMI connection and see if it now functions properly.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

IT WORKS!! thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Zack1,

I'm glad you've got it sorted out.

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi i have the same issue 

I have a Pavilion dv5 with windows 7 operating system.

Display Adapter: I have ATI mobility radeon HD 3400 series

Sound : AMD high definition audio device and also

IDT high definition audio CODEC

Please any help will be great.... Thanks!!!!!

HP Recommended

I tried solution offered by DavidPK to Zack1 and am in a whole lot of trouble now.

I have dv6, and no vis on TV via HDMI.

Downloaded Chipset and Graphics Driver installers onto Desktop.

Uninstalled Intel Graphics Chip via Device Mgr and Display Adapters and screen went black.

after several minutes I turned off machine, restarted, and got the warning about the unusual shutdown

Screen indicated a "Start Windows Normally" option, but it appears to have started in Safe mode because screen is low res.

Check device manager  in this mode, and both "Display Adapters" and Intel H D Audio Codec are absent.

Tried to install both items in this mode.

I get message that the files are already present, do I want to overwrite?

Nomatter what I choose, I get an error message and setup closes.

Devices still don't appear in device manager.

And I still appear to be in Safe Mode, and I don't like it one bit

Help!!

Please!!

HP Recommended

I have Zack's recommended Chipset and Graphics driver sitting on my desktop, but they won't instal.

They do not appear in the device manager, but when I try to instal (click the dowloaded files, chipset first) it tells me the files are on my com[puter with the Overwrite warning.

Same with both files..

nomatter whether I choose overwrite or No, I get an errormessage, and the installer closes.

They still do not appear in the Device manager as they did before I uninstalled them.

Still in need

HP Recommended

This thread's been latent a while, but I'm hoping I can get some help as well with this issue.

My Samsung TV shows "No Signal" and my HP dv6 notebook does not show the additional monitor.  I have successfully ruled out HDMI cable and HDTV connection issues by using the connection which works with my blu-ray player.  Still no go with the laptop.

Laptop details:

1.  Model #:  HP dv6 (Product #WW144AV)

2.  Display Adapter:  Intel(R) HD Graphics (ATI, PCI bus 0, Device 2, function 0) driver version 8.741.1.1000 [Update Driver... button indicates this is the latest version)

3.  This is the HP factory install of Windows 7 (64 bit Home Premium)

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.