01-15-2011 06:28 PM
I have a HP G62-374CA laptop and I tried to use my Acer H213H monitor as the extended laptop, but I get no signal.
I know that it is not the cable issue because I used the same one to connect my laptop to my TV and it works fine, no issue with the extended laptop function either.
Any clue to what is going on? It even detects the monitor with the name and everything.
01-16-2011 07:36 AM
With both the notebook and the monitor swiched off ( actually unplug the monitor from the mains ), connect the HDMI lead to both devices. Next, plug in and switch on the monitor. Now start the notebook and when booted, use Fn + f4 and select projector only to see if the display will now transfer. If you still have no display, press the Input button on the monitor and select HDMI to see if this resolves the issue.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)