Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion13x360PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I bought this Pavilion for my daughter (less than a year ago) she has experienced problems with it.

The touchscreen appears to have a will of its own. It taps all over the left side of the screen and when this happens she has to stop working and wait for it to stop  which can take between 30 seconds or 5 minutes.

This happens when she's using it for work or metres away watching videos.

My daughter is in the middle of GCSE work and it is so important this stops as it's causing her untold stress at a time when her laptop should be helping heR, please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Quizzled,

I will sent you a PM (Private Message), feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Quizzled,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.

I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion 360 Notebook and mouse jumping around or Bouncing. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the mouse and Touchpad sensitivities.

The section you would be interested in would be - Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities in Windows.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up and Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for trying to help us.

I went to run the diagnostics you suggesed but find we cannot get into the laptop at all now.

I get a message saying boot device not found, install an operating system?

Harddisk (3F0)

We have done nothing different since the last time we turned it on.

Would really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Update to previous message.

Have just spent a very frustrating 2 hours on support chat.  Originally told I need Media Recovery and given an HP link to a site that didn't work, when I explained that it didn't work they ended the chat.  Started a new support chat with a new agent and after running sytem tests  told I didn't need Media recovery but that I have a hardware error (Failure code UCX7PL-7RF898-MFPV7F-60VK03).  

Told I was on support to US & Canada so they couldn't take it in for repair and given the same link  for help that took me to the site that didn't work, when I explained it didn't work they gave me a telphone number to call that was unobtainable.  When I explained it didn't work they told me to wait, left me hanging for 10 minutes before saying they had no more information and ending the chat. 

Can someone please tell me how I get my daughters Laptop repaired?

HP Recommended

Hi @Quizzled,

I will sent you a PM (Private Message), feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.