06-16-2012 12:40 PM
Goes in to sleep mode after being on for a while unused but won't wake up by mouse or clicking any keys. Keyboard and touchpad lights remain on and audio stays on. Have to force shut down.
06-16-2012 05:14 PM
From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt, select ‘Run as Administrator’ and enter the following command, then hit enter.
powercfg -restoredefaultschemes ( note that there is a space after powercfg )
When complete, type exit and hit enter. Restart the notebook.
This can sometimes be caused by hybrid sleep. To check if this is the case, follow the guide on the link below to disable Hybrid Sleep.
Next, restart the notebook.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
05-28-2015 08:21 PM
I suspect that AMD Catalyst has something to do with it, since I did not have the problem until just a few days ago, right after updating AMD to stop an ongoing problem with their program crashing computers across the web.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)