Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am the unhappy owner of a Pavilion x360, prod. no. M9G20EA#UUW.

Major issues:

1. About half the times the screen is upside down when I open the PC. Sometimes closing and reopening turns the screen around. Sometimes a restart is needed.
  2. The hardware keyboard and touchpad randomly gets de-activated. A complete restart is needed for reactivation.

The machine has been in for service. The service company claims that the were no hardware errors, and reverted the OS back to windows 8 - which did not solve the issues.

I see in this forum that many has similar problems with this model. I have tried all the suggestions I could find here. Onfortunately it hasn't helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just to follow up on this: HP transferred my "case" to the danish support, which contacted me by phone and was actually quite keen on helping me.
I was send some drivers for display, chipset and touchpad, with instructions for installing them in a specific sequence.
Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.
I was then away for other business for a while, and when I came back to use the machine again, there was a display driver update from the HP Support Assistant app. Unfortunately the autoinstallation failed, but I managed to find the same driver on HP's product web-page and download and install it manually from there. I also found a newer version of the chipset driver, which I also installed.
Installation of these drivers required a great deal of tinkering, including using a third part utility (supplied by HP) to completely remove the old display driver, several reboots into safe mode, etc.
At the time of writing this I have experienced no keyboard issue for some time - hoping that it is gone completely. The issue with the screen being upside down is still there, but to a much lesser degree. Furthermore, the orientation sensor seems more sensitive, so that just jerking the screen back and forth a bit wil make it rotate into correct position.
If this will continue to be the situation, I can live with it.
But still: all this work to make a product work (almost) as advertised should not be necessary. It should work out of the box or at least with a quick, automated driver update.
When I saw a large add at the airport the other day, promising that HP will "keep reinventing", I couldn't help wishing they would take a break, to secure that what they have already invented actually works as planned 😉 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
 have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

There is a BIOS update (F 15 re. A) which, according to release notes, should solve the problems with screen orientation. My few hours of experience with the update tell me, that the problem is not completely solved, but much less annoying.
You have to download and install the update manually from the product support page. It will not be installed just by running an update from HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

OK, so my update above seems to have been too optimistic. The screen-problems are back. However, the keyboard issue has not been there for  a while now. Seem like both problems are coming and going in a way which - at least to me - seems quite random.

Meaning you will never know if the notebook is useable or not 😞 

HP Recommended

Just to follow up on this: HP transferred my "case" to the danish support, which contacted me by phone and was actually quite keen on helping me.
I was send some drivers for display, chipset and touchpad, with instructions for installing them in a specific sequence.
Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.
I was then away for other business for a while, and when I came back to use the machine again, there was a display driver update from the HP Support Assistant app. Unfortunately the autoinstallation failed, but I managed to find the same driver on HP's product web-page and download and install it manually from there. I also found a newer version of the chipset driver, which I also installed.
Installation of these drivers required a great deal of tinkering, including using a third part utility (supplied by HP) to completely remove the old display driver, several reboots into safe mode, etc.
At the time of writing this I have experienced no keyboard issue for some time - hoping that it is gone completely. The issue with the screen being upside down is still there, but to a much lesser degree. Furthermore, the orientation sensor seems more sensitive, so that just jerking the screen back and forth a bit wil make it rotate into correct position.
If this will continue to be the situation, I can live with it.
But still: all this work to make a product work (almost) as advertised should not be necessary. It should work out of the box or at least with a quick, automated driver update.
When I saw a large add at the airport the other day, promising that HP will "keep reinventing", I couldn't help wishing they would take a break, to secure that what they have already invented actually works as planned 😉 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.