Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 that I go like 2 days ago. For some reason When I'm playing a game in full screen (CS:GO, G-mod, Minecraft etc.) the bottom few pixels flicker with a black/grey color. It sort of seems like the task bar is attempting to be displayed but its only like 2-5 pixels. Can anyone help me? Also please note I don't know a whole lot about computers so an 'Instructions for dummies' would be nice. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BenGMtf

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

You normally get the 404 error when the entire link isn't copied, that said, here's the link you can use for your product info: Click here (should come handy in the future).

Also, you haven't mentioned about the steps mentioned on the link I shared earlier - "try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here"

If the issue persists, after using the above link, I recommend you install all available windows updates, BIOS updates, graphics card updates and try again,

If that doesn't help, simply Contact HP and they'll repair/replace the computer for you (depending on your warranty status):

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BenGMtf

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand there are certain dots/pixels flickering on the screen when you're playing a game in full screen,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

​​​​​What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Does the pixel/dot appear only during the game or does it appear outside the game as well, while playing a video in fullscreen?

If it's only the game, which game is it? and is it compatible with your computer specifications?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

(Yes Multiple things online including stuff in the BIOS)

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

(I just got the laptop within the last few weeks, multiple games started doing it within 5 minutes of playing)

Have you attempted a system restore?

(As stated previously I've reset settings to default in the BIOS)

Does the pixel/dot appear only during the game or does it appear outside the game as well, while playing a video in fullscreen?

(1. I wasn't very specific but it's not just pixels, its a line of flickering pixels at the bottom. It spans the whole length of the task bar but is only like 2-5 pixels wide.)

If it's only the game, which game is it? and is it compatible with your computer specifications?

(It orginally had been happening in CS:GO, G-mod, and Minecraftl. However now it only happens in Minecraft. I only had to change the resolution in CS:GO and G-mod. Minecraft isn't fixing though.)

Also the link to find the specifics of my computer sent me to a 404.

HP Recommended

@BenGMtf

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

You normally get the 404 error when the entire link isn't copied, that said, here's the link you can use for your product info: Click here (should come handy in the future).

Also, you haven't mentioned about the steps mentioned on the link I shared earlier - "try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here"

If the issue persists, after using the above link, I recommend you install all available windows updates, BIOS updates, graphics card updates and try again,

If that doesn't help, simply Contact HP and they'll repair/replace the computer for you (depending on your warranty status):

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.